It is clear to everyone involved in the field of software engineering that our instruction lags well behind research. Conservative thinkers do not want to leap onto a given bandwagon too early, while even the most progressive thinkers face a profound challenge in incorporating worldwide research into the curriculum. Based on a discussion of current trends in software engineering, this presentation sketches the emphases that need to be placed in the software engineering curriculum.
- computer science curruculum
- computer science education
- computer science trends
- software engineering curruculum
- software engineering education
- software engineering trends